Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Neck Strings question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2005
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know what the flat neck strings are versus the more rounded ones? Is one fake? Or do they just represent the vintage? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw the auction with the flat strings, I have no answer to it. I never seen flats before, only a white bodied doll owner can answer that.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have a picture of the flat strings? Kirsten and Sam's neck strings look almost like yarn. They are more loosely woven than Addy and Lissie's or they could be frayed from years and years of play.

  4. #4
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I have a white-bodied Molly with this flat string. In the past, I also had a white-bodied Kirsten with this flat string. I believe only the vintage AG dolls have this. If you are referring to the ebay auction Kirsten, it looks authentic in my opinion. However, I'm no expert so maybe you should get other opinions. Good luck!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While the girls were getting undressed and ready for bed, I looked closer at their neck strings at compared them. Kirsten (1987), Sam (1988/9?), Lissie (1992) and Addy (1993) definately have flatter strings than Kaya (2002). Kaya's are more cord like. If you PM me the auction link I can let you know what I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •